Are we the reason Apple isn't helping us?

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Mar 11 17:01:40 CDT 2012

On 03/11/2012 03:10 PM, Charles Davis wrote:
> Sorry about the really long email, but I didn't want to flood your
> inboxes with 5 separate responses.
>
> On Mar 11, 2012, at 12:15 AM, Jerome Leclanche wrote:
>> There are a thousand bugs where I would agree with you, but Jeremy's
>> second post was "I don't plan on submitting patches to you frequently
>> enough to make it worth my time to read your policies and subscribe to
>> your lists.". That's not "trying to help", it's self-entitled
>> behaviour.
> True. But my original point--that Vitaliy was unnecessarily rude to our
> guest--stands.
You mean showing person the door when that person clearly demonstrated he
does not, will not, and doesn't even have a desire to play by our rules?
Every single time this ends up being a waste of time for everyone involved.
And this is yet another proof of that.

> Jeremy: Here's a problem, and a patch to fix it. Wine developers: Follow
> the rules or you'll get no sympathy. Jeremy: I don't have time for that!
> Wine developers:We don't see any problem. Tell us more. Jeremy: I can't.
> Vitaliy: Then we can't take your patch, even if it is right. Jeremy:
> You'll have to take my patch on faith. Vitaliy: Go to hell! Screw you!
> I'm banning you! Jeremy: Screw you, too! I'm outta here!
You better re-read the entire bug report again. What you said is offensive
towards me and I request your apology!

The topic is over, at least for me. You are behaving exactly the same way
Jeremy did disregarding everyone and everything because _you_ perceive
something differently then everyone else here. And making conclusions
without reading the entire conversation or being familiar enough with bugzilla.

Vitaliy.