Are we the reason Apple isn't helping us?

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Sun Mar 11 22:45:54 CDT 2012

On 03/11/2012 07:26 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Vitaliy Margolen
> I guess it comes down to unnecessary roughness.
In what way? Telling a user if you don't comply to _our_ rules in _our_
place you will be banned is rough? You have other ideas how to stop anyone
from reopening a bug that everyone one from Wine said "please do not
reopen"? Of course just ignoring this bug won't work, as everyone who active
on bugzilla will be attempting to close it again.

> Sure, he was out of line, but AJ had already explained
> things to him.  You could have let the guy get the last word in.
Last time I've checked anyone can still post comments into closed bugs.

>> So what's to fix?
>
> It's hard to quantify, but partly as a result of your comment, he seems to
> be actively telling folks that the Wine community is rude and unpleasant.
One can never stop other people from spreading FUD if they really want to do so.

> we might be interested in his friends.   The same idea might
> apply here.
You think a never ending close-reopen match would have been better? And
wouldn't have resulted in him being banned for real?

Vitaliy.