Preprocessing asm shaders

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Tue Mar 13 04:29:56 CDT 2012

Am Dienstag, 13. März 2012, 00:52:58 schrieb Józef Kucia:
> I'll make some tests to check how wrc and widl should behave. However
> I'm not sure if submitting tests for wrc and widl would be welcome. We
> don't have any tests for these tools yet and I can imagine not
> everyone, who's running the tests on Windows, has Visual Studio or SDK
> installed. Perhaps such tests could rely on presence of these tools in
> PATH, and would be skipped in case of their absence. Does it make any
> sense?
Yes, skipping tests if the tested application/library isn't there is the way
to go. The test framework already takes care of this for libraries, not sure
about programs. What I'm more worried about is the build system, and that widl
and wrc have a different name than their Windows counterparts. Maybe someone
else knows if and how those can be tested. Maybe we just don't care about 1:1
compatibility for widl and wrc and it's ok to adjust wpp to make d3dx9 happy.