gdiplus: Use StretchBlt instead of GdiAlphaBlend if device doesn't support alpha blending.

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Mar 13 22:19:27 CDT 2012

Vincent Povirk <madewokherd at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I don't understand your objection, nothing prevents you from improving
> > my patch. Printing something is still better than printing nothing, consdier
> > this as adding a partial implemenation in the place of a stub. GdiAlphaBlend
> > is not supported by printers, that's a matter of the fact, using StretchBlt
> > for now is better than doing nothing and even not printing a FIXME or returning
> > an error to an application. Feel free to implement it differently, until that
> > my implementation is suffice for many applications.
>
> Printing something is worse than printing nothing when it's a giant
> black box that happens to contain the thing that was supposed to draw,
> and that will start happening if you make this change. And then I
> won't know how to fix it.

Where do you see a black box? Isn't that just a speculation? I'll repeat:
I tested this patch, and it makes wide range of images print instead of
doing nothing. Having partial implementation is always better than having
nothing. Try for instance object to adding a stub or partial fix to some
other area of Wine code. You can't object to something if you really didn't
event test it, but just briefly looked at it and just think it's wrong.

--
Dmitry.