My GSoC 2012 proposal

Lucas Zawacki lfzawacki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 17:20:02 CDT 2012

> I'm not sure if that's outdated. I mean how many people are converting Applications to winelib, how many of them want to use scons for that, and how many of them can't do it theirselfs?
> But maybe i'm wrong...

Actually I think you're right, I don't know how much interest is there
for this project or why it is about scons. Maybe the person
responsible for this suggestion could provide more context?

> Which projects were that, or what problems did you have?
> Often there are small problems which are easy to fix by hand, but would need special handling in winemaker.

I tried several projects with labels 'CPlusPlus' and 'VisualStudio' in
google code, some notable trouble I had was:

* Compile errors related to c++ headers as it seems to be using my
linux headers and I don't know if that's correct (or a problem on my
side).
* wrc compile errors, that were due to encoding mismatches. Solved with iconv
* undefined reference to WinMain (tried variations of -mwindows and
-mconsole with no success)
* winemaker choking on .sln and .vcxproj files (perl uninitialized strings)

I can file bugs for these if you want.