Updating GSoC proposal

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Tue Mar 20 04:43:05 CDT 2012

Hi all,

GSoC is starting this year and, if we want to have good applications, we
need to update our proposals. Usually the most attention is directed
into adding new ones, while we keep obviously bad (or just bad IMO)
proposals on the page. I'm planning to remove following project proposals:

Security - implement sandboxing
Theming - Implement Wine theming support
NTDLL - support performance registry keys
Winelib Aware Scons (or cmake)
Cleanup Winemenubuilder to support generating Application Bundles on Mac
OS X
Wine-based application virtualization

If someone knows a reason to not remove them, please reply.

Cheers,
Jacek