RFC: KUSER_SHARED_DATA update patch to fix bug 29168

Kornél Pál kornelpal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:47:33 CDT 2012

On 3/21/2012 2:20 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> However, I do not know if we can have additional threads at all in a
> Win32 process without confusing the win32 processes, or if this needs
> to be solved differently (APC?).

If user_shared_data was written by wineserver and mapped read-only to
wine processes there was no need to create separate threads in wine
processes. As I know Windows is sharing this structure and is updating
it in kernel mode so wine behavior was similar if was updated by wineserver.

Thanks.

Kornel