RFC: KUSER_SHARED_DATA update patch to fix bug 29168

Joey Yandle dragon at dancingdragon.be
Wed Mar 21 17:41:41 CDT 2012

> 2. in server/main.c:
>
>   int fd = shm_open("/KUSER_SHARED_DATA", O_RDWR | O_CREAT, 0600);
>   // call MapViewOfFile to map fd to 0x7ffe0000

After looking over the code, I think I should just mmap() directly in
wineserver rather than using MapViewOfFile; I should however still use
MapViewOfFile in ntdll/thread.c.

Mr Google tells me that I can get a handle for MapViewOfFile by calling
CreateFileMapping.  The first arg of that is also a HANDLE, which I
should be able to get by calling wine_server_fd_to_handle (as is done
elsewhere in thread.c).

So I'm going to go ahead and try this now.  If anyone has a issue with
this approach, please let me know.

cheers,

Joey