RFC: KUSER_SHARED_DATA update patch to fix bug 29168

Kornél Pál kornelpal at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 01:43:23 CDT 2012

On 3/22/2012 6:00 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Joey Yandle<dragon at dancingdragon.be>  wrote:
> It's been explained several times already that any approach to share data
> between wineserver and clients is going to be rejected.

I think this is the reason that timers in shared_user_data are not being
updated. I also think that updating timers in every client process in
every 15.6 ms is a lot of overhead.

Another approach could be no to allocate that address and provide up to
date data in an signal/exception handler. This is a more complex
approach and not sure whether possible in user mode. And of course would
defeat the purpose using shared memory for high performance.