GSoC proposal

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 24 22:18:29 CDT 2012

--- On Sun, 25/3/12, Cheer Xiao <xiaqqaix at gmail.com> wrote:

<snipped>
> So according to you and the thread Jerome mentioned, uxtheme
> is one of
> the more tricky and less rewarding areas; so I will set it
> aside for
> the moment and work on the IME proposal instead.
<snipped>

There is no reason why you cannot submit two proposals, if you are interested in two areas. You do not get penalized for doing that, other than your own time of preparing two proposals, which is twice the preparation work.

In fact it is quite common for GSoC students to apply for more than one project under different/same organization.

From the organization's point of view, it may be a good decision to give the project to the strongest candidate if there are multiple students applying to the same area; or not to take up any student for lack of interests (from mentors); in which case you might be still be taken up and assigned to your "2nd" choice project.

(poor applications - showing no understandings of the background technology, etc - are rejected, so in that sense you are penalized if you cannot devote enough time to your proposal(s), if you divide your efforts).