GSoC proposal

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Sun Mar 25 09:30:47 CDT 2012

Hi,

  As a developer who has done a lot of work in the IME/XIM areas of wine
I thought I would chime in.

  The IME/XIM stuff sounds interesting but I am really not sure how
useful it is going to be. I will have to review what the GSoC outline is
like but it feels like something that would not really get into wine not
would regularly get used by people outside of wine.  If you want to
flesh it out a bit more I could maybe see where you are going with it
but it feels more like a project "Making use of Wine" instead of
"Improving Wine"

   This is not a discouragement, just an invitation to sell it to me
more. Make me see why you think this would be good for IME in Wine.

-aric