winex11.drv: Do not trash existing clip rectangle if XInput2 is not available.

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Tue Mar 27 09:17:37 CDT 2012

On 03/27/2012 08:04 AM, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Vitaliy Margolen<wine-devel at kievinfo.com>  writes:
>
>> Dinput needs to talk to x11drv directly to get xi2 events. Same for
>> requests to clip cursor in exclusive mode. The current method of using
>> hooks can stay for backwards compatibility.
>
> I'm not at all convinced that this would be an improvement, particularly
> since you still need the events to follow the normal path for apps that
> don't use dinput.

In exclusive mode dinput consumes those events - they should not be making
it to the actual application. So it's not a problem there. In background
mode they are duplicated - again not an issue.

It's a separate data feed into dinput of key press/releases and relative
position changes - gets rid of all the complexity related to absolute ->
relative calculations. And it's a possible source for RawInput whenever it
will be implemented. It can receive background kbd & mouse events as well.

Vitaliy.