'Pending' patches state

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Mar 28 04:28:50 CDT 2012

Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru> writes:

> I'm sorry, but that's not a feedback, and casual contributors may even
> not be aware of that patch tracking page. And as I mentioned if the patch
> already contains the tests it's not really obvious what should be added
> in addition. In the light of recent discussions about friendliness to
> users in bugzilla, I think that developers deserve at least small fraction
> of friendliness as well (Alexandre, you are nice and friendly all the time,
> but at least I sometimes feel like sending the patches to a blackwhole).

If you want to write a script that sends a nice friendly mail every time
a patch changes status I'd be happy to use it.

> There is not much tests for SetParent, and 84692 suggests to look at
> the tests added by
> http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-patches/2011-February/098711.html
>
> WM_SHOWWINDOW at the start and at the end of every message sequence
> means that ShowWindow() should be used to hide and show the window
> during SetParent call processing.

That's the sort of explanation you should have included in your
patch, instead of expecting me to dig through the source or the list
archive to find it. Plus of course some explanation as to why the test
can't be marked as succeeding despite the change.

> Taking an opportunity to discuss other my patches :) I'd like to get
> a comment to 84685 as well.

Try making it simpler.

--
Alexandre Julliard