Vincent Povirk : windowscodecs: Add wrapper functions for IWICPalette methods.

Vincent Povirk vincent at codeweavers.com
Thu May 10 19:32:14 CDT 2012

Yes, it is very mechanical.

The Proxy functions that widl generates are not the same kind of
function that are exported from windowscodecs. From what I can tell,
all these functions do is call a method on a COM interface. Also, not
every COM method in WIC has a Proxy export.

If I had to guess, I'd say that someone exported these early in WIC's
development (maybe originally leading to actual COM proxy functions,
which would have been confusing for everyone except us, instead of
just confusing for us), someone pointed out how silly that was, and
they had to leave the exports in because of existing code that was
using it.

I don't expect to see new proxy exports, nor do I expect to see them
in any other libraries. So I figured it made more sense to do them all
manually than to come up with an automated process.