AppDB, ratings and native vs. builtin trouble

Rosanne DiMesio dimesio at earthlink.net
Wed May 16 09:08:58 CDT 2012

On Wed, 16 May 2012 17:48:28 +0400
Alexey Loukianov <mooroon2 at mail.ru> wrote:

> Is it the official position that have been agreed throughout Wine devteam and
> AppDB maintainers?

It's the way I've been handling things as an admin. It's really the only way I can handle it, because as an admin, I have to process test reports for apps and games I've never used, and I have no way of knowing what they may be installing behind the scenes unless the test reporter mentions it. But beyond that, the ratings are supposed to reflect the individual user's experience, which is why ratings can validly be gold for a user who uses native dlls and garbage for one who doesn't.

--
Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>