testsuite on windows 8

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Sat Nov 3 13:26:18 CDT 2012

Am 03.11.2012 19:12, schrieb Gerold Jens Wucherpfennig:
> Am 28.10.2012 13:50, schrieb André Hentschel:
>> Am 28.10.2012 09:06, schrieb Gerold Jens Wucherpfennig:
>>> (I just bought Windows 8,
>>> so in return I want to spend some time
>>> and money to wine...)
>>>

>> One easy thing you could do is to run the testsuite on win8 (see the bottom of http://test.winehq.org/).
>
> running the testsuite on Windows 8 x64 german
> produced 85 errors. Because of this pile of errors
> the testsuite refused to submit the test data...

Yes, that's the actual state of testing win8. There are two workarounds:
1)
	run winetest.exe
	search c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp by date for some res*.tmp file
	copy it into the same folder as winetest.exe and run winetest.exe -s res****.tmp

2)
	run winetest.exe -o heute.test to not save the log into a temp file
	run winetest.exe -s heute.test to send the just created file

You can try 1) to see if your last temp file is still there and send it.

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel