Missing dependencies on static libraries

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Tue Nov 13 12:19:30 CST 2012

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

> On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
>> In theory yes, but that would have to be auto-generated. In practice
>> only strmbase should matter.
>
> I'm not sure how to auto-generate it. Would something that looks like
> this be ok:
>
> In Makefile.in:
>
> STATICIMPORTS   = strmiids strmbase uuid
> IMPORTS         = $(STATICIMPORTS) ole32 advapi32
>
> And in Makedll.rules.in:
>
> $(MODULE).so: $(STATICIMPORTS:%=$(top_builddir)/dlls/%/lib%.a)
>
> Or maybe:
>
> $(MODULE).so: $(STATICIMPORTS:%=../dlls/%/lib%.a)

In theory it should depend on all the import libs of course, but either
way I don't think you can do that with standard makefile rules.

> Or should explicit rules be added to the relevant makefiles by
> update_makefiles() in tools/make_makefiles.

It would have to be done by a script, but I don't think we want to have
to put that sort of thing in the Makefile.in. I'd suggest to ignore the
issue for now.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org