Implementation of PNG 'Get Count' and indexed reads...

Max TenEyck Woodbury max at mtew.isa-geek.net
Wed Nov 14 07:01:39 CST 2012

On 11/14/2012 07:03 AM, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:
> Max TenEyck Woodbury <max at mtew.isa-geek.net> wrote:
>
>> These are currently returning 'not implemented'.
>>
>> Would it make sense to have 'GetCount' always return '1' and have the
>> indexed read simply read in the whole thing?
>
> Looks like you don't understand what those APIs do. What's that 'the whole
> thing'?

Yes, it's the simplest way to stub the whole sequence into doing
something useful.  When someone wants to get fancy, they can build a
vector of blocks, but that is much more work.  Definitely NOT great, but
better than nothing, which is what we have now.

'The whole thing' is the entire image in one swallow.