ntdll feature detection patch set

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Mon Oct 22 07:25:53 CDT 2012

Am 21.10.2012 02:51, schrieb James Eder:
> I've been kicking this patch set around in my local git tree for a
> while and I want to get it out there for comments and maybe even
> inclusion in Wine.  Seeing some comments in another thread about
> wineboot made me think I should get these patches out rather than
> holding onto them much longer.
>
> I feel fairly good about the first 6 patches.  They're small,
> bite-sized, and all x86/x86_64 so I can test them easily.  However,
> the last two in the series are some what large and do things with ARM
> and PowerPC code.  While it looks good to me, I don't have hardware or
> a build environment for them.  I may have some ARM+Linux hardware in
> the coming months but I doubt I'll ever see a PowerPC come my way.
>
> If you have a build environment for ARM or PowerPC I would very much
> appreciate some feedback.
>
> Also I did some greping and found two other locations in Wine with
> similar do_cpuid type functions:  dlls/wbemprox/builtin.c and
> dlls/dbghelp/minidump.c.  Would it be worthwhile to have the function
> in a common header somewhere?

Sometimes it's best when you test yourself. You don't need hardware, qemu can emulate ARM, PPC and most other things.
e.g. Debian has images for much platforms.
I only have ARM hardware, but need to find some time to test your patchset.

Further i think patch 7 and 8 should be squashed together.

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel