d3dx9_36: Implement D3DXSHRotate

Rico Schüller kgbricola at web.de
Mon Sep 3 05:02:49 CDT 2012

I had another look and like to give some suggestion.

On 02.09.2012 22:28, Nozomi Kodama wrote:
+        sinb = sqrt( 1.0f - matrix->u.m[2][2] * matrix->u.m[2][2] );

I'd prefer to declare the variables as locally as possible.

+    D3DXSHRotateZ(temp5, order, alpha, temp4);
+    memcpy(out, temp5, sizeof(float) * order * order);
+
+    return out;

You probably may avoid the memcpy. What do you think about something like:
return D3DXSHRotateZ(out, order, alpha, temp4);

+    FLOAT alpha, beta, gamma, sinb, temp1[36], temp2[36], temp3[36],
temp4[36], temp5[36];

Do we really need that much temps? I think one is enough, but
definitively 2 (I think you are able to use out as one "temp"). If you
don't like the usage of out, you may use temp2 instead, but I think it
could be avoided.

D3DXSHRotateZ(out, order, gamma, in);
RotateX(temp, order, 1, out);
D3DXSHRotateZ(out, order, beta, temp);
RotateX(temp, order, 0, out);
D3DXSHRotateZ(out, order, alpha, temp);

+static FLOAT* RotateX(FLOAT *out, UINT order, UINT pm, FLOAT *in)

The return value is never used. Probably you may return void or you'd
like to stack the function calls above a bit and reuse the returned
pointer. You also may use "BOOL pm" since it uses only 0 and 1 or you
may pass the "FLOAT a" directly to the function. Whatever pm stands for...

Cheers
Rico