wined3d: Use backup swapchain DC for devices created with desktop window. (try 2)

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Mon Sep 3 11:29:12 CDT 2012

Am Montag, 3. September 2012, 04:06:01 schrieb Adam Jakubek:
> Previous version failed on test bots.
> Added test case skipping when no device can be created with normal
> (non-desktop) window.
I skimmed bug #18490, and I'm wondering about two things: Does the app create
a D3DDEVTYPE_REF or D3DDEVTYPE_NULLREF device? Once the device is created,
what does it to with it? A +d3d log would provide some answers.

This is some guesswork: I don't think the game creates a _REF device because
REF devices require the user to install the reference rasterizer dll, as
Matteo already mentioned. If it's a NULLREF device I wonder what the game is
able to do with it. The bug report has a link which promises some clues, but
the link is dead.

Stefan