ImmIsUIMessageA/W

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Fri Sep 21 11:46:01 CDT 2012

Hi Andre,

I have a quick question for you. I am looking into why IME unaware applications are no longer showing their composition window and found it was because of:

commit 7673d67c1e1cfdcdf7560beea9162c3699329aa5
Author: André Hentschel <nerv at dawncrow.de>
Date:   Sat Jun 25 16:13:41 2011 +0200

    imm32: Test and fix ImmIsUIMessageA/W.

in that patch I see that you eliminate the part where we check if there is a default IME window and if not then create one.

if (!IMM_GetThreadData()->hwndDefault)
           ImmGetDefaultIMEWnd(NULL);

also you eliminate the part where if the incoming hWndIME is NULL we send the message to the thread's default IME window.

These changes cause the IME to stop working for IME unaware applications. Where the changed intentional and if so based on what documentation?

thanks!
-aric