Fwd: CIA going down: KGB wants your commits!

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 18:10:56 CDT 2012

--
-Austin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Martín Ferrari <martin.ferrari at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:52 PM
Subject: CIA going down: KGB wants your commits!
To: debian-project at lists.debian.org, Debian Developers
<debian-devel at lists.debian.org>

Hi there!

Not to "to knock 'em when they're down", but since it seems that the CIA.vc
service has officially closed recently (cannot find exactly when did that
happen), I think it's worthwhile offering this little project we (dam@,
gregoa@, and me) have since a few years ago, called KGB (ha-ha).

It's a very simple and dumb client-server architecture: IRC bots running in
our personal servers listen for SOAP messages sent by kgb-clients called
from post-commit hooks in repos out there. The bot just relays and formats
a message, nothing fancier than that.

So, if you're looking for a simple IRC notification of your commits, this
might be of help.

You can either run your own bot (debian package kgb-bot), or use ours. As
for the client, alioth does not have it installed, but you can run it off
/home/groups/kgb. There's a sample configuration there too. In
/home/groups/pkg-perl/meta/pkg-perl-post-receive you can see how to use it
from a post-commit hook.

If you rather use our bots, we'll need you to provide: a project/repository
name, an IRC channel, and a password (used to avoid spam, not really
secure).

--
Martín Ferrari

To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST at lists.debian.org