Hi Res Icons

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Apr 3 05:58:56 CDT 2013

Joel Holdsworth <joel at airwebreathe.org.uk> writes:

> As you can see here, scaling the iexplore icons really shows the
> limits of this artwork. The line caps are wrong in several places. The
> worst being in the highlight of the yellow swoosh at the bottom - you
> see the highlight doesn't line up with the border. A lot of things
> don't quite line up correctly.

It still looks better than the scaled up 48x48 version we'd get
otherwise ;-)  But yes, if someone wants to work on improving this it
would certainly be welcome.

> Also, I don't know how much this work is being driven by CodeWeavers
> Mac product, but another approach would be to for CodeWeavers to
> solicit contract work or a bounty for this. Jakub or Lapo might be
> more able to make time on those terms - but of course I don't know if
> that's a deal they or CodeWeavers would be interested in making.

It's just something I was playing with, it's not a priority for
CodeWeavers at all.

> Finally, I've rebased my patch for the joy.cpl icon. It doesn't have a
> 256px icon though. Is this wanted?

Ultimately yes, though at the moment the Mac driver doesn't show the
large icon for control panel apps.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org