[GSoC] My (new) proposal for GSoC 2013

Gediminas Jakutis gediminas at varciai.lt
Thu Apr 4 15:52:07 CDT 2013

Hello!

My previous application[1] turned out to be a total failure, hence
making a completely different one.
My proposal this time goes as follows:
Write various D3D tests, mostly focusing on ones that can be later
re-used for dxdiag in one way or another. Along with writing a tool
that would allow users to easily test if d3d and wgl / opengl work &
are set up properly.

Info about me (copied over from [1]):

>My name is Gediminas Jakutis. I study Informatics Engineering
>[bachelor / undergraduate] at Kaunas University of Technology, second
>year.
>I wish to try out GSoC for the first time by helping to improve Wine.
>My primary programming language is C. I am self-taught in C, but I
>believe my knowledge is good enough.
>I am quite familiar with Wine - I use it and experiment with it for
>many years now. I am subscribed to and read wine-devel for more than a
>year.
>I browse through Wine's source code once in a while out of curiosity.
>Thus, I have some knowledge of its structure.
>Sadly, I have not written any patches for Wine yet. Mostly due to lack of confidence.

[1] http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2013-March/099213.html

Thank You for Your time
Gediminas Jakutis

--