Fresh WineWiki Theme, Straight from the Farm

Kyle Auble randomidman48 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 18:46:36 CDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:43 AM, André Hentschel wrote:
> First: Wow! You did a great job! Finally our Wiki theme is up to date :)
> I had a look at some Pages already and they look perfect here with FF 20.0
> What i wonder is how we want to proceed with tables, i've seen different tables already and we should maybe choose one style:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FOSDEM2013
> http://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko <- Here we used a workaround for the missing boarders and spacing
> http://wiki.winehq.org/Recommended_Packages <- strange HTML
> http://wiki.winehq.org/Portability

Thank you for the compliment! I just pushed
Dimi's changes (I reset the author flag to him &
used the time of his email for the date) and my
own last set of changes to my repo. If everyone
wants, we could probably put the upstream repo on
WineHQ now.

After a bit more testing, I was actually able to
figure out the other problems. The overflow issue
was coming from a subtlety with absolutely
positioned elements (if no explicitly positioned
container exists, the container defaults to the
browser window, not the page). I also fixed the
problem where any link in a message box was being
rendered like the "clear" button.

The other funky rendering I was seeing actually
has nothing to do with IE or the CSS. I forgot
but Moin 1.5 doesn't spit out strict HTML4 so my
browsers were defaulting to quirks mode. I guess
the standalone server injects a doctype
declaration though, which is why I wasn't seeing
the problems in testing. Those problems should go
away once upgrading to Moin 1.9.

And regarding the tables, I'm cool with whatever
style everyone agrees on, but I don't know how
everyone feels about setting styles in the wiki-
markup. Moin (1.5 at least) doesn't use <th>
elements so I created a custom CSS class for <tr>
elements called "heading." It just makes the text
heavier in print view, but on screen, it's like
a heading row on the other pages, only with a
wine-red background instead of black.

- Kyle