testbot: Default set of VMs to run the tests

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Fri Apr 12 11:59:02 CDT 2013

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013, Dmitry Timoshkov wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> recently the set of VMs suggested to run the tests on by default has changed.
> It no more includes NT4, XP and Vista (although it does include win2000),
> 32-bit VMs for NT4, XP and Vista don't even exist in the list of available VMs
> (64-bit XP and Vista do exist, but for some reason are not used).
>
> Is there a reason for that?

I assume you mean on https://testbot.winehq.org/ which is the old
WineTestBot. If so then the reason is that a bunch of VMs appear to be
on a host for which the VMware license expired (my guess) which means
they can no longer be used.

So to avoid having essentially every job stuck in the 'running' state
indefinitely (the symptom of this particular failure mode), I marked
them as offline and the WineTestBot no longer lets you schedule jobs on
them.

I'd point you to the new WineTestBot but it does not have NT4 and
Windows 2000 VMs if you were specifically looking for those.

   http://newtestbot.winehq.org/

It does have shinny Windows 8 VMs with tons of test failures though.
Ain't that enticing!?

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>