[user32] Add DECLSPEC_NOINLINE, use it on call_hook_proc()

Qian Hong fracting at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 09:36:40 CDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 1:38 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
>> I tried explicitly add 'inline' to every static functions in hook.c
>> but complie with -O0, to see if the bug can be reproduced in this way,
>> but nothing happen, this make me doubt being inline is not the
>> culprit.
>
> call_hook_proc is probably the only function whose inlining matters
> for this problem (since my patch solved your problem at -O2).
>
> (inline is only a hint. FORCEINLINE is stronger.)

Thanks Dan and André, I tried FORCEINLINE and tried bisect on gcc
flags to reproduce the bug but failed with strange gcc behaviors, then
Dan had worked out an actual fix for this bug, what I learned is,
understanding the real bug seems faster than playing with gcc flags...

Anyway, thanks Dan and André as always!

--
Regards,
Qian Hong