Question about implementing application compatibility

Vincent Povirk madewokherd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 09:41:09 CDT 2013

> This is awfully overcomplicated (plus I do not know how to make such a
> "global" variable in wine) so I was wondering is it OK to implement this
> differently than windows does it.

If the implementation does not have to be the same to preserve
compatibility, then you should ignore those details (ideally you
shouldn't know them at all). Certainly no real application should be
relying on a cache.

You can probably design it so the storage can be changed if it turns
out to be necessary.