Wine Gecko repo

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Tue Aug 13 05:28:35 CDT 2013

Hi,

A few months ago, SourceForge did some deep changes in their Git (and
not only) repo hosting. While doing it, the location of repos has
changed (which is extremely stupid, if you ask me). The problem is that
while doing the update, they also switched to their own Web interface
for git. And this shiny new interface doesn't work at all for Wine Gecko
repo (wine-gecko.git probably too big and complicated). See [1], it
claims to be analyzing the repo, but it has been like that since the
switch was done. I contacted them [2] and they are aware of the problem,
but it's still not fixed.

I already got some questions about outdated sources. Also, our Wiki
points to this Git in a few places. I never updated those links because
I was waiting for the new repo to work. I think it's time to move the repo.

The question is, where should it go?

- Github seems to be the choice for most project currently and it's
already used by Wine Mono.
- Reconsider source.winehq.org. This was not chosen due to account
management overhead, but that's the only way to avoid problems similar
to recent Sourceforge one (Github nor anyone else is going to give us
any guarantees)
- Other ideas?

I'd appreciate opinions.

Thanks,