PLEASE add bug links!

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Aug 18 04:16:27 CDT 2013

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013, Ken Sharp wrote:
[...]
> It takes longer to create a bug report than it does to link it to the
> database. It really isn't that hard.

But adding a link requires going and logging into a separate web site.
That's really not the part of the normal flow of entering a bug.

> There's little point in my continually asking users to add bug links to the
> AppDB if maintainers and/or administrators don't bother themselves.
[...]
> I've added hundreds over the past few weeks and this is not the first time I
> have said it, nor am I the first one to do so.
>
> It's even on the Wiki.
> http://wiki.winehq.org/Bugs

Who reads instructions on a separate Wiki page when entering bug
reports? Just saying your expectations may be set a bit unrealistically
high.

We have some instructions on Bugzilla's bug submission page (currently
'Please do not PASTE logs and back traces'). It may make sense to add
something for the bug links either there or on the page confirming the
bug was enered. It would have a much better chance of being read there
than on the Wiki.

     Linux, WinNT, MS-DOS - also known as the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.