[website] Added templates/zh-cn/cvs.template translation

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 19 13:38:36 CDT 2013

------------------------------
On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 09:02 BST Frédéric Delanoy wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 5:57 AM, xulixin <xulixin1990 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Should I change my name's spelling to Lixin Xu, or LiXin Xu, or other
>> format?
>
>Not sure, most people (at least non-Chinese) use firstname lastname
>convention, but I guess you should use the same convention as other
>Chinese-speaking committers.
>
>Here's a list I extracted from AUTHORS file that *look* Chinese to me
>(don't know if they're really Chinese, or Korean, or from another
>Asian country):
>Chae Jong Bin
>Cheer Xiao
>Chia-I Wu
>Hwang YunSong (황윤성)
>Jau-Horng Chen
>Jay Yang
>Qian Hong
>Qingchuan Wang
>Qingdoa Daoo
>Shi Quan He
>Wei-Lun Chao
>Weisheng Li
>Xiang Li
>XueFeng Chang
>Yong Chi
>Yuxi Zhang
>Zhangrong Huang
>Zhan Jianyu
>
>Hope this helps,
>
>Frédéric Delanoy

Many had replied but few had touched the _main_ issue: it is a matter of policy that
patches of an anonymous origin to Wine are categorically rejected.
The Linux kernel also has a similar policy. This policy is due to past threats
of copyright/intellectual-property infringements and possible cause of contamination
from people who may have privileged access to proprietary technology.
So a "real name" is needed for any patches.

As already discussed, "xulixin" is a real name - as it appears on official
documents, passports, etc. Although for the benefit of Western custom,
"Xu Li-Xin", or "Xu Lixin", or "Lixin Xu" or "Li-Xin Xu" might make it more obvious,
and make some people happier. Ultimately it is Alexandre's call, what is considered
a real name.

Anyway, the git command to set a default user name for generating patches is, e.g. for
mine:

    git config --global user.name "Hin-Tak Leung"

(this writes to ~/.gitconfig, which is a text files that one can edit by hand as well). See
"man git-config" for details. Without --global, these config's are set per repository. e.g.
you may use different names and e-mail addresses for internal (job-wise) work
and external (open) work.

I also have a few other global configs of my own; the equivalent of these two are
probably useful to most people:
    git config --global ui.color true
and
    git config --global core.editor emacs

(the former sets colorization on for "git log", "git diff", etc; I find it
useful of having diff's colorized - that assumes that you do all your development work on
a terminal that's color-capable (most recent linux consoles/terminals are);
the latter sets the default editor to emacs, when composing commit
messages. You may want to set it to your favorite editor, whichever that is.).