Wine + ICC (Intel XE Compiler)

jordan triplesquarednine at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 19:58:05 CST 2013

Hey List,

I've been playing around with ICC and i am curious if anyone has
instructions and/or Patches for building Wine using Intel's XE
Compiler??  ...I'm using the latest version; icc version 14.0.1 (gcc
version 4.8.0 compatibility)

I've noticed older link on winehq; http://wiki.winehq.org/icc ...  It
seems he was able to get wine32 to build on x86_64, but obviously,
2008 was a little early for wine64 / ICC tests...

Currently, it doesn't get to far through configure;

checking for gcc... icc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether icc accepts -g... yes
checking for icc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking whether icpc accepts -g... yes
checking for cpp... cpp
checking whether icc supports __builtin_ms_va_list... no
configure: error: You need gcc >= 4.4 to build Wine as 64-bit.

(and then it terminates).

ICC is setup properly on my machine(s), ie: i have used it to compile
other packages. (mostly 64bit, but i did test 32bit, which worked fine
too).

Anyway, If anyone has any tips and/or patches they could share, I
would be very grateful / interested. :)  ...

Jordan