Status of WineD3D on Windows

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 03:38:56 CST 2013

Am 30.12.2013 um 12:15 schrieb Peter Lehmkuhle <plehmkuhle at googlemail.com>:
> On http://wiki.winehq.org/WineD3DOnWindows it is written that "DirectDraw [..] can't be used at this point due to a conflict with opengl32.dll.“
It seems that the wiki is down at the moment, so I can’t check what’s on this page. I am not aware of any "official“ Windows wined3d builds. The code compiles fine, and I am using this fact for testing every now and then. I even have a hacky Visual Studio setup to compile the code with msvc without any need for a bash installation.

What are you trying to do with wined3d on Windows?

Re ddraw, we did not take any steps to resolve the ddraw.dll-opengl32.dll dependency cycle as it has never been a priority. Patches are welcome :-) .