winealsa: Have the MIDI recorder wait in poll(), not snd_seq_event_input().

Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com
Mon Feb 11 12:41:27 CST 2013

Johannes Kroll asked:
>Did this patch get through? I don't see it on
>http://source.winehq.org/patches/ ...

It did.
You looked too late in patches/. Committed patches are deleted sooner than
rejected ones that are in turn deleted sooner than new/pending patches.

I'm still interested in your testing my other MIDI patches.  I fact I have a
queue of half a dozen patches ready for submission, except that I'd like
somebody to test them with real MIDI HW.

There's another patch yet to be written: midiOutLongMessage CAN be used for
coalesced non-sysex messages.  This affects winealsa.  Wineoss needs no change,
because it simply dumps the bytes, one by one, regardless of SysEx or
standard message.  ALSA needs different API functions to be used.  I've yet
to check MacOSX CoreMIDI.

Regards,
 Jörg Höhle