IE 6 related urlmon:protocol failures

Jacek Caban jacek at codeweavers.com
Mon Feb 18 08:38:48 CST 2013

On 02/18/13 12:49, Francois Gouget wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Feb 2013, Jacek Caban wrote:
>
>> On 2/16/13 1:28 AM, Francois Gouget wrote:
>>> However I think the test should still not fail. So I'm looking for a
>>> volunteer to either get the test to succeed with urlmon 6.0, or find a
>>> way to detect it and skip these three tests.
>> I believe it's time to skip those tests on IE6 then. I will send a patch.
>> Thanks for the analyze.
> wininet:http has the exact same problem.
> http://wiki.winehq.org/WineTestBotVMs#wininet

It seems to me like those tests could be simply removed. The part that
is failing is just a preparation for tests reading from cache. And the
important part of those tests always fail on Windows (the comment says
that they fail on new Windows, but AFAICS on both testbots, they always
fail). Those tests are also marked todo_wine. It would be great to make
proper use of cache in our http implementation, but that will require
writing more tests anyway.

> /me trying to push my luck<g>.

Don't hesitate to push more if needed :)

Cheers,
Jacek