[0/13] Patch series description

Saulius Krasuckas saulius2 at ar.fi.lt
Thu Feb 21 00:16:32 CST 2013

* On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, André Hentschel wrote:

> this patch series removes the broken SPARC support.
> Reasons:
>  * It's broken, i wasted enough time already trying to fix that

It's sad to hear.  Can you be more verbose on brokenness, please?
Eg. namely what Sparc platform were you using for development?

>  * Nobody cares - I sent an e-mail to everyone ever related to
> Wine/SPARC based on addresses from our mailing lists - no answer in a
> week (and cw also has no customers for it)

You didn't catch this then:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2004-October/030355.html
I care :)

>  * If someone _would_ care the right thing to do would be a clean SPARC
> 64-bit port

So, the old port was 32-bit or mixed or what?

>  * It really can confuse people (more than a ARM/ARM64 port xD)

You mean random readers about host platforms Wine runs on;)?

>  * SPARC is dead on the Desktop

:(

> And last but not least: I had a bad experience with the Solaris
> community regarding Wine/SPARC

Oh.  Is there any related public messages on the net?  It would
interesting to read and know those stories.

S.