winealsa: Have the MIDI recorder wait in poll(), not snd_seq_event_input().

Johannes Kroll jkroll at lavabit.com
Thu Feb 21 11:36:37 CST 2013

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:18:42 +0100
<Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com> wrote:

> Johannes Kroll wrote:
> >It is in the log line that you deleted.
> Oops.
>
> >No, I don't have wineOSS. Does it require a proper OSSv4?
> Currently, yes. You'd have to try out wine-1.3.24 or older.
>
> I'll try and see how to use virtual MIDI devices to dump data
> without using a serial port.
>
> Anyway, I'll start writing a patch that decomposes LongMsg
> into snippets, although I don't know how to handle the three
> 00 00 00 bytes.

I don't understand what you mean by "decompose LongMsg into snippets".

Is it possible that either A) the app expects the API code to scan the
buffer for a trailing 0xf7 end marker and send only the bytes up to that
marker; or B) that the mysterious "dwBytesRecorded" should really
contain the bytes to be sent, and that it should be set by a function
calling LongMsg (i. e. somewhere else in Wine)?