A new demangler test?

Max TenEyck Woodbury max at mtew.isa-geek.net
Sun Feb 24 17:10:31 CST 2013

On 02/24/2013 04:18 AM, Nikolay Sivov wrote:

> By the way, do you see something broken or it's just something you want
> to work on?

Partly broken. If fed a bad string, it sometimes blows up and sometimes
returns an error code.  The 'real' routine also blows up on some
strings.  Which strings depends on the windows version.  That means
there is no specific bug we have to match, so it would make sense to do
it right (that is return an error code) in all cases.  Is that OK?

In my opinion, the search for names is fairly important, but it may not
belong in a msvcrt test.  It might be better as part of a dbghelp test
or in some other utility test.  That search should work in a windows
environment as well as a Wine environment.  It should almost certainly
check all the '.dll's in 'C:\windows\system*' and possibly a few other
places where mangled names are likely to be found...

But I have to admit, it is also something I want to work on...