[2/2] gdi32/tests: Added tests for GetFontResourceInfoW (try 2)

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camline.com
Sat Jan 5 03:12:25 CST 2013

Saturday 29 December 2012 Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at baikal.ru>
> Stefan Leichter <Stefan.Leichter at camline.com> wrote:
> > First of all: The issues your are pointing out have been in the previous
> > version of the patch too. Why didn't you complain in your first review.
> > To my understanding this is a wast of my time complaining about two
> > issues and keeping the rest secret for the next version of the patch.
>
> It's often happens with subsequent reviews, and there is nothing magic or
> secret about it: first review was about the whole approach while next one
> is more about the actual details.

But the "subsequent review" is burning my time without need.

> > - the tests are written for a font in %windor%\fonts. This directory is
> > empty after a clean .wine directory was created. Changing the font does
> > not help at all.
>
> But it will once Wine starts to copy its own fonts there at some point.

To me this sounds more like an excuse than an argument. Maybe we will have an
Arial font before this happens!

I will drop the patch with the tests an see what happens first. You may know
the old idiom "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

--
Stefan