Truncate MIDI SysEx messages after termination byte

Johannes Kroll jkroll at lavabit.com
Wed Jan 9 12:32:08 CST 2013

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013 19:04:03 +0100
Christian Costa <titan.costa at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would say consistency would be 2 spaces or none.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.

> Using only 1 space for assignment does not seem very common in wine AFAIK.
> In general it's better to follow the file style or the function to avoid
> mixing styles
> except if you work heavyly on these files.
>

> > If anybody sees non-style-related issues with the patch, please let me
> > know.
> >

> dwBytesRecorded is supposed to tell how many bytes are valid. What's wrong
> with it ?

Is it? It was always zero in midiOutLongMsg when I checked. The program
works on Windows though. This means that either dwBytesRecorded is not
supposed to be valid in that place, possibly only when data is read from
some MIDI device. This would seem to be consistent with the "-Recorded"
in the variable name.

Or it is supposed to be valid, which would mean that there is a bug
somewhere else in Wine.

SysEx messages where the real message length equals dwBufferSize do get
through properly even without the patch, which means that the code in
MMDRV_Message and onwards does not care about dwBytesRecorded. It uses
dwBufferSize to check how many bytes it should send.

> > Please keep any replies on the list(s).
> >

> Good mail client which sucks.

This sentence makes no sense.

> wine-patches is only for patch submission.

Use -devel then. Just don't send me copies.