po: Tweak the French 'broadcast' and 'unicast' translations.

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Jul 12 17:36:26 CDT 2013

On Fri, 12 Jul 2013, Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
[...]
> The "grand dictionnaire terminologique"
> (http://gdt.oqlf.gouv.qc.ca/Resultat.aspx) gives

The thing is this dictionary is not actually French... it's Québécois.
One of the differences is that Québécois is a lot more strict about not
using English words, ever.

[...]
> BTW to broadcast = diffuser

And also 'télédiffuser', 'émettre', 'transmettre', 'annoncer',
'téléviser', 'émission', etc.

> I may agree with unicast but the "diffusion" and "multidiffusion" seem OK to me

It's the opposite for me. At least I can recognise that 'monodiffusion'
being a made up word it must have something to do with networking. But
just plain 'diffusion' can be used in so many contexts..

                 There are 10 types of people in the world...