Possible wine bug concerning the case of the DbgHelp.h header filename

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 04:25:28 CDT 2013

On 12 June 2013 01:49, Alan W. Irwin <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
> I successfully built the ultra-fast ninja build tool on Wine using the
> MinGW g++ compiler.  To achieve that success I had to deal with a
> small number of issues including
>  one wine/ninja header name inconsistency which is that DbgHelp.h
> (#included by the ninja code) has a lower-case name (dbghelp.h) on
> wine, and the MinGW suite of compilers is sensitive to the case of
> header file names.  I worked around this issue with the following
> symlink
>
> /home/wine/wine_build/install-git/include/wine/windows/DbgHelp.h ->
> dbghelp.h
>
> where /home/wine/wine_build/install-git is my install prefix for
> my wine-git build.
>
> Is Wine following the correct Windows naming convention for this
> header?

There's no such thing, at least wrt. case; Windows is case
insensitive. Wine just uses lower case, and for the most part that's
also the C / Unix convention, although there are certainly exceptions.
Typically you'd just change your source (Ninja in this case) to
consistently use lower case, instead of creating symlinks.