Making wine default to the Mac Driver on OS X

Josh DuBois duboisj at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 4 10:10:46 CST 2013

On 3/4/13 4:28 AM, Per Johansson wrote:
> I agree that the default on mac should be mac,x11, but I don't really
> see the reason an override can't be set in registry. Is it just
> because registry is considered too complicated to modify?
I think one concern is not forcing people to mod the registry in order
to run remote X.  It's true that if you're in a situation where one
display driver flatly won't work, a requirement that one change the
registry to switch to another is onerous because you can't run any
graphical utility (winecfg, regedit) to change the setting in that
case.  That's why an environment variable is useful.  Of course, if we
have ENVVAR --> registry --> hardcoded default, you have the ability to
control things via the registry or the environment, depending what you
want to do.