wanted: testbot w9x machines

fgouget at codeweavers.com fgouget at codeweavers.com
Mon Mar 4 11:53:16 CST 2013

On Mon, 4 Mar 2013, Joerg-Cyril.Hoehle at t-systems.com wrote:
[...]
> All that I can remember when that issue was raised last time was:
> 1. It's good not to test incoming patches against w9x behavior,
>   because the time spent adding broken() for those is better
>   invested adding code and more tests for w2k-w7 machines.  Agreed.
>
> 1' test.winehq.org need no more display w9x test results.  I don't care much.

That's mostly what I meant by "the Wine community is not interested in
these anymore" (especially in the context of running WineTest daily:
there's no point since I cannot even submit the results).

> Please, PLEASE give me a (new)testbot with some w9x machines such that I can
> investigate the winmm&mci behavior that the apps written in that era encountered.
>
> It really slows down development on my side *not* to have an easily
> checked w9x system (nor a system for 16 bit tests, BTW).

I'm not opposed to it but that would mean buying new known legit
licenses as we cannot reuse the ones of the old TestBot (they don't
belong to us). So I'm not sure it will happen.

[...]
> Currently, (new)testbot doesn't even offer an option to run tests on
> w9x machines. I'm not asking for that option to be on by default, I'm
> just begging for it to be present!

I can confirm that the Win9x VMs have been removed from the old testbot
at some point: I don't see them in the VM table.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>