Updating WineWiki Theme?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Mar 14 22:17:13 CDT 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013, Kyle Auble wrote:
[...]
> I did want to ask for input on a few things:
[...]

Sorry, I don't have anything useful to contribute on these.

However since this is about the Wiki theming I'll mention a problem I
ran into last week-end: tables. There are two problems with them:

* A default table is totally ugly: it has no border and no cell padding
  so it does not look like a table at all, just text appearing at random
  on the page. Here is an example:
  http://wiki.winehq.org/FrancoisGouget

* During the preview the tables look nothing like after the preview. In
  fact they look good enough during the preview, it's only on the final
  page that they get ugly. This makes the preview totally useless as far
  as tables are concerned :-(

In the page I was working on I worked around this by specifying CSS
styles for every single cell. The resulting wiki source code is pretty
ugly but at least the result looks like tables.

http://wiki.winehq.org/WineTestBotVMs#hw_tables

Oh, and the Wiki seems to have trouble sending emails(*) so saving
changes is super slow. But that's probably not something you can do
anything about.

(*) I get:
Status of sending notification mails:
[en] fracting: Connection to mailserver 'mail.lattica.com' failed: (101, 'Network is unreachable')

               RFC 2549: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2549.txt
                IP over Avian Carriers with Quality of Service