Updating WineWiki Theme?

André Hentschel nerv at dawncrow.de
Fri Mar 15 06:45:00 CDT 2013

Am 15.03.2013 04:17, schrieb Francois Gouget:
> * A default table is totally ugly: it has no border and no cell padding
>   so it does not look like a table at all, just text appearing at random
>   on the page. Here is an example:
>   http://wiki.winehq.org/FrancoisGouget
>
> * During the preview the tables look nothing like after the preview. In
>   fact they look good enough during the preview, it's only on the final
>   page that they get ugly. This makes the preview totally useless as far
>   as tables are concerned :-(
> Oh, and the Wiki seems to have trouble sending emails(*) so saving
> changes is super slow. But that's probably not something you can do
> anything about.

Please open bugs for them so they can be fixed later.

Am 14.03.2013 20:58, schrieb Kyle Auble:
> I did want to ask for input on a few things:
> 1. Should we just keep Moinmoin's search, replace it with the custom
>   Google search, or offer both?

For now keep it as it is.

> 2. How about the icon? I can get the standard WineHQ one to display
>   fine, but I'm not sure about which approach to take. Essentially, do
>   what's simplest for us, or should I make it play well with other
>   themes too?

The simplest approach sounds good :)

> 3. Finally, the credits are currently just text links. In the future
>   though, if Dimi wanted to, we could have a "sponsored by Lattica"
>   banner like the Codeweavers ones on the other pages.

Should not be a problem...

What i'd like is that you first upgrade the theme for now, whatever changes it may need.
For this task don't care about search fields, tables, sponsoring, ...
The result should be a wine wiki with the same quality and/or bugs as we have now, just with a new look.
After that is pushed and running and you fixed remaining bugs with the new look, you can then start fixing other bugs,
changes things (keep in mind to talk to Jeremy Newman) and upgrade the wiki software itself.

--

Best Regards, André Hentschel