wined3d: add NVidia GeForce 315M

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 18:48:38 CDT 2013

Am 17.03.2013 um 17:08 schrieb Daniel Jeliński <djelinski1 at gmail.com>:

> why can't we get these values from X? They are definitely present in
> my Xorg.log.
Propose a patch.

A few notes though:
*) The upcoming GLX_MESA_query_renderer extension will provide a good way to query this info. If this extension will be adopted by the binary drivers is an open question.

*) The X.org log would be an extremely ugly way to read this info. The log is at an unknown place, might be readable only by root or might not exist at all. There format of the log messages might change.

*) There are vendor specific X11, GLX and GL extensions to query some GPU info

*) Wined3d should not deal with GLX_MESA_query_renderer or any other X11 specific things. This should be handled by winex11.drv.

>             {"GT 320M",     CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_GT320M},    /* Geforce 300 - midend mobile */
> +            {"315M",        CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_315M},      /* Geforce 300 - midend mobile */
>              {"320M",        CARD_NVIDIA_GEFORCE_320M},      /* Geforce 300 - midend mobile */
Afaics this table is sorted in descending order, for consistency you should swap the 315M and 320M