Mac driver status: ready for contributions

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Mar 26 11:19:12 CDT 2013

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013, Ken Thomases wrote:
[...]
> Currently, you have to set a registry key to enable the Mac driver:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Drivers]
> "Graphics"="mac,x11"

An issue I ran into with the registry approach is that it causes Wine to
use X11 to show the 'Updating the Wine configuration' dialog during the
WINEPREFIX creation. It's pretty misleading and could easily give the
wrong impression!

Wine does shift to using the Mac driver once regedit has had a chance to
be run.

    I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape around here somewhere...