[AppDB] version: Only display comments section in case version has maintainers

Frédéric Delanoy frederic.delanoy at gmail.com
Thu May 2 04:35:28 CDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 1:49 AM, Rosanne DiMesio <dimesio at earthlink.net>wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Apr 2013 18:47:25 -0400
> Christopher Cope <ccope3 at utk.edu> wrote:
>
> > I understand the premise, but I disagree. A lot of apps that I use don't
> have maintainers. However, the comments are typically helpful. I believe
> this should be approached differently.
> >

> So volunteer to be a maintainer.

Say a program had a volunteer working on it, and there were some comments
explaining how to make it work (e.g. winetricks, ...), or work better

So now, if the maintainer leaves, all the comments will be lost/invisible?

That seems a bit harsh: you probably can't expect users to follow
workarounds scattered across associated bugs, can you?

Furthermore, there's already a comment telling sthg along the lines of
"this program wasn't tested with a recent wine version".
Isn't that sufficient already?

Frédéric